Technical Director Shrimp - Thailand
Job Title: Technical Director
Reporting: Chief Executive Officer, *** Group (CEO)
The Technical Director will be responsible for the overall strategic direction and management of *** Group Technical program focused on developing and implementing product improvement through applied biotechnology technologies of quantitative genetics and molecular biology.
1. Direct, develop, implement and management of *** Technical & Genetic Improvement Program and Technical teams.
2. Monitor the progress of the breeding program and advise on any corrective actions.
a. Manage the Quantitative Breeding program to improve desirable commercial traits while minimizing and managing inbreeding co-efficient, monitoring genetic diversity, gene flow and genetic population boundaries, breeding limitations, and the economic value of *** Genetics.
b. Developing genetic markers using appropriate molecular biology techniques related to desirable commercial traits and incorporate in the breeding program.
c. Conduct biomathematic analysis of the data generated within the breeding program including evaluation of the breeding values and advice on EBV’s and actions required to maintain genetic improvement.
3. Manage the day-to-day activities of the Technical team (Genetic Nucleus, Disease Challenge and molecular Laboratories). Establish Technical policy, system and necessary protocols for quality controls and standard performances.
4. Constantly research and explore the opportunities for product enhancement through applied biotechnology. Develop new products for the production pipe-line and assist in their launch. Design and implement the product evaluation trials.
5. Provide technical advice on *** products to sales team and customers and work closely with both Production and commercial teams.
6. Establish and maintain a network of industry and academic contacts and manage collaborative research projects.
7. Report on the technical plan, program status, product performances etc.
8. Prepare Technical budget and maintain budgetary control.
9. Other technical aspects, advice and projects as requested.
Qualification and Experience
· PhD or Masters Degree in Genetics, Animal Science or Biology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing and operating animal or plant breeding programs.
- Demonstrable experience in statistical analysis and data management applications such as SAS, SQL or Microsoft Access.
- Excellent communications skills including ease with public speaking.
- Published papers in peer reviewed journals on relevant topics.
- Exposure to multicultural organization with specific experience in Asia
- A knowledge of aquatic animal husbandry or shrimp farming is an advantage
- An ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Problem analysis and problem resolutions at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be willing and able to travel as the job requires